Are your Siberian Huskies not behaving well? Do you sometimes have the problem on how to teach your pet dog to obey your commands? This article will surely help you on giving some tips about Siberian Husky Training. Your Siberian Husky will surely enjoy these common Dog Training tips.
The most basic thing to consider first is to understand the behavior of the dog. Like humans these canines have their own ways of expressing their feelings. The dog owner should have a mutual communication to understand the needs of their dogs. Part of knowing the behavior of the Siberian is getting to know their back grounds.
Since Siberian Huskies are mainly from Siberia and are working breeds of dog, they are energetic dog breeds too. They are more exposed before in sled pulling, herding the animals and racing. These Siberian are easily bored when they are alone. They love to be with other animals and to run in wide spaces. They will make tantrums if they won’t be able to use their energy. Dog training is best done during their puppy days. That also means that Siberian Husky Training is best conducted when they are still puppies. Here are some tips on Siberian Husky Training from basic Dog trainings:
• Start training the Siberian Husky when they are still puppies. Provide them the comfortable place and proper feeding. This will create the pleasurable atmosphere of being secured. Be reminded also that you should treat them properly with lots of love and care.
• Give your pet dog their pet names. Use their pet names in calling them.
• Puppies like infants they like to chew on objects. If they are not attended well, they will like to chew the sofa and other things in the home. Provide them toys that will serve as their chewing buddy.
• Let the Siberian feel that you are the leader of the pack. So that obeying your commands would be very easy for them. The leader of the pack is called as their Alpha and it get things first.
• Do not forget also to establish good communications to your pet. This will make them closer to you and it will develop more bonds for your pet. Most Siberian communicate with their eyes.
• Spend time with your pet sometimes so that you can build more quality relationship with each other. Make them as your exercise buddy early in the morning. This will be very helpful in catering their physical needs. It is best also to let them go out every 30 minutes or hour. They really need energy disbursement because they have lots of energy. If they can’t exert their stored energy, they will end up destroying your mood.
• If you are eating, eat first before you feed your dog.
• Do not step over the dog if it is blocking your way. Give gentle commands to let the dog move and give a way.
• Tired Siberian Huskies are very responsive in training. Before starting the Siberian Training, let the dog do some running as a form of warm up exercise.
• Remember to appreciate every accomplishment made by the pet. A simple pat on the head or giving them some treats will give them more motivation on performing pleasurable things. Using pet names in calling the dog is also very helpful. If the Siberian husky is doing bad performances just simply say “Bad dog or Bad puppy”. There are also some proper ways of disciplining the dog. But never try to hurt them badly, dogs have feelings, too. They will get depressed and the worse they will leave you.
These are some of the common things to consider in Siberian Husky Training. To achieve the success of dog training, it is important to consider your love and dedication.